Friday, October 20, 2017

Polar Bear Shaker Card

Happy Friday!  It's Jeanne today and I'm sharing a shaker card!  I LOVE creating interactive cards.  When I saw the Snow Globe dies from the new release I knew they would make great shaker cards.
First I cut plaid paper and a piece of lightweight white card stock to 5 1/12 x 4 1/4 inches (A2 size) and used snail adhesive to glue them together.
I then used the third largest circle from the Circle Basics set to cut a circle approximately 3/4 inch from each side and the top (it's actually a little bit over 3/4 inch).  It's important to use lightweight card stock under the paper since you will be cutting through two layers.
Next I die cut the pieces from the polar bear in the Snowglobe Friends set and the base from the Snowglobe with Fawn set.  (By the time I finished with the card I decided to change the color of my snowglobe base and I cut another.)
I sponged the edges of the snow in soft sky, the bears in smoky slate and the sign in crumb cake.  I hand wrote "North" on the sign and colored in the bears' eyes and noses.
I took a piece of white card stock that was A2 size and used Distress ink to blend a blue sky on about half of the piece.
Then I placed my patterned piece with the cut-out on top so I could place all my die cut pieces and glue them down.
I took the top piece off and used a piece of acetate on the back to cover the circle.  Then I added foam tape two layers thick to the back.  I also used some anti-static powder on the inside edges of the foam tape so the sequins wouldn't stick.  You can use baby powder for this as well.
I piled a small amount of sequins to the card front.  Deciding on the amount of shaker elements is always difficult as it depends on how big your window is.  It just comes with experience, but if you do not place your foam tape closely against your window (as I have done) you will need more elements as they will fall into corners and not be seen.



I removed the backing from the foam tape, placed the top piece on the front and adhered it. Then I glued the whole thing to an A2 card base. 


My final steps were to add the snowglobe base with bow sentiment.  For the sentiment I used a 7/8 x 4 1/4 inch strip of the green card stock layered under a 3/4 x 4 1/4 inch strip of red card stock and I heat embossed the stamped sentiment in white.



I love this set of dies.  It gives you so much variety in making fun interactive cards!
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzsnowglobewfawn.aspx
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzsnowglobefriends.aspx
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzcirclesetbasics.aspx

I hope you have a great weekend and do something creative!!!



6 comments:

SugarShine Designs said...

This is so cute and fun! Great instructions too. - Janet

Pam MacKay said...

Adorable shaker card love the polar bears!

Mary Marsh said...

this is such a cute shaker card Jeanne-I am just lovin' these new dies-you did a great job with this one

Sukie said...

Such a gorgeous card! I love the sweet snow globe you created and the shaker makes it even more spectacular!

Janja said...

I like this beautiful shaker card, Jeanne.

Anja Ž. said...

What a lovely shaker card! Beautiful design.